“If you can see it, you can achieve it. God helps those who help themselves. Power is in the act of humility.” –Patricia Amis
Yes, I believe with my whole heart without God, there is no me. I also believe in His grace and His unconditional love for me. I believe I am made in His image. God did not give me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind.
On that note, I know I am nothing by myself, but I am everything in God. I am God’s mouth, eyes, arms and legs. I am His body. That is why it’s my responsibility to be the best version of myself. It is my responsibility to love myself, because if I don’t love myself, I cannot love someone else. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” –John 15:12
Robin Sharma always says: “the way you are with the world is a deep reflection of how you are with yourself.”
That brings me to what I want to talk about. If you can see it, you can achieve it. Because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. But you have to do your part.
I am no counsellor, pastor or shrink. I am just a woman, passionate about what I do. And I believe the more people I can help, the more I will grow. This is something that mother Teresa said.
So here are some of my tips to become a better version of you:
- See yourself with God’s eyes. No judgment, only understanding.
- It is not going to be easy. You have to make adjustments. You are going to have to take the road less travelled. It takes hard work, perseverance and discipline. It means to stand up for what you believe in.
- Do not let other people’s approval determine your worth. When someone talks behind your back or when someone gives you nasty comments, it just shows you what they think about themselves. It is never really about you.
- Surround yourself with the right people. Be with friends that build each other up. Be with people who think of solutions and not all the problems. Surround yourself with people who hold you accountable for your actions.
- Do not be the victim in your life, but the victor and the author of your life.
- Lastly, always be true to yourself. The person that God made you to be. There is no one like you.
With this post, I hope to encourage you to take responsibility and own up to the beautiful person you are. It’s not wrong to put yourself first for a change and to focus on your personal growth. It’s a constant process – life is ever changing, and you are too. Your ultimate goal should be to constantly grow, learn and become the best you, as God intended.
“Let all that you do, be done in love.” 1 Cor. 16:14